Sunday, January 25, 2009

Meet Kadie, A Maltese Chihuahua.


Meet Kadie...her mother Sadie was half Maltese and half Chihuahua, and her father Pepe is a Long-Haired Chihuahua. Their photos are in the sidebar at the right of this page. Kadie passed away 2 years ago next month, but I still feel her presence in my garden. She had such a gentle, trusting soul. She loved everyone and was the first to greet visitors at the door, and walked them out to the gate when they left. She was always at my heels where ever I went, or sitting beneath my chair. I sure miss her. I came across this poem recently, and it made me think of her. I hope you enjoy it. The author is unknown.

If you are alone, I'll be your shadow.
If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder.
If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.
If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.
But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah, what an adorable little face :o) Lovely poem too, memories are great, aren't they? Especially the ones that sneak up on you!
    Have a great day!
    Slobbers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kadie was simply adorable. I'm so sorry about your loss, even 2 years ago. The poem brought tears to my eyes... it was lovely. Sending hugs.. and tiny kisses from Sequoya my Chi... Laura Lynn

    ReplyDelete